About Me

My photo
Stillwater, Maine, United States

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Workplace Injuries- not good when you ARE the business!

I had a really rough day! First I put a big slice on the middle finger of my left hand. Since it didnt bleed, I didnt really notice it until I took something out of the pickle (mild boric acid solution). Then it really started to sting! After that, every time I moved my hand I could feel the cut opening and closing! Not pleasant.

I managed to plug away for a while longer before I did the worst. I think I was so excited about experimenting with a new design, that I forgot basic common sense (metal gets really hot). I picked up a piece of hot metal with tweezers, and proceeded to grab it with my other hand. A split second after I heard the sizzle, I screamed. It's been 4 hours, and I still have my right hand in a bowl of ice water.

Both of my middle fingers are now injured. It might be Karma. Last night I thought I was flipping off my sister. I looked up and it was my mother-in-law. Not a good idea.

I hope it stops hurting by tomorrow- I have so much work to do!
(I should get applause for this entry- I wrote it while rocking the One-Hand-Type!)

1 comment:

  1. OWWW! I have SO done that - both - and more! BE CAREFUL! :)
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Got an idea, or just a general comment for me- feel free! I love to gather other opinions!