About Me

My photo
Stillwater, Maine, United States

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Creating a New Website

On Christmas Eve I received email notification that my original website, www.riversidejewelrydesigns.com, had been hacked into. The hackers had left phishing files in my file manager. Luckily, my web hosting company, Hostmonster, caught it and immediately suspended my website.

I was pretty upset. Not only did I feel violated, I thought Christmas Eve was a VERY unjolly time to be messing with someone's web presence. UGG! So my husband Dave removed the phishing files, Hostmonster reinstated my website, and Dave put in a reroute to my RiversideJewelry.etsy.com site while he works on recreating RiversideJewelryDesigns.com.

So at least theres some progress.

We had been talking about completely revamping the site anyway. I get all my orders through Etsy, so we were thinking of getting rid of the shopping cart feature all together. We're going to go with an Online Gallery/ Artists Portfolio. I think it's coming together nicely. I'll update you all when it's up and ready!

I hope you all had a fabulous Holiday! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got an idea, or just a general comment for me- feel free! I love to gather other opinions!